So many of you sent your prayers and genuine concern to me and my family.  I wanted to let you all know that thankfully, both my parents are doing well.  My Dads surgery was a bit more complicated than expected but he is a trooper and is doing great.  If my Dad were reading this he would say of course I am a trooper….I used to be a boy-scout!!!  You don’t know my Dad, but…he was an awful boy-scout and a menace in general in his youth.  He’s also one of two of my favorite men on the planet (hubby being the other of course).  Dad is hurting quite a bit but the fun spirit that makes him who he is has suffered no damage. Thankfully.

My Mom, has the strength of 10 people and seems to have figured out how to give cancer a really good fight.  So far she is winning the fight in amazing style.  Even though my Mom is the “sicker” of the two my Mom is on her way back home from treatment and will be looking after my Dad while he heals.  Forgive me men, but we women are on to you….we know you fall apart because you know we will take care of you like baby birds.  My Dad is doing great….until he lays eyes on my Mom.  Then he will collapse into a whimpering pile of man in need of love and care only my Mom can provide.

They are adorable.

I love them.

Now, that I can breathe again…I can get back to sharing my farm antics and kitchen adventures.  Whew!  First, I need a nap.

10 Responses to Update and sincere thanks

1. Karen in OH says:

You are so lucky to have such strong and wonderful parents . . . and we can tell you are obviously their daughter with the same qualities. You are so-o-o-o correct about those man puddles though! LOL So, so true! The prayers will keep coming for all the family, and you get a well-needed rest! We’ll be thinking of you and yours.

That’s so nice of you to say, thank you. Truly. Man puddles. As women we deserve to be rewarded for not killing them when they are in puddle mode. We have the kids…we most often look after everyones needs….we never have a day off EVER….yet if they catch a cold the world is ending. Not fair!

Thank the LORD they are both doing better. Sounds like are both strong people and fun loving too.

Yes, take a nap and refresh yourself. I am sure those 2 girls will sit quietly while you do. HAHAHAHA!!!

Thanks indeed!!!! I am wanting school to start again so badly! I need a little quiet. Everywhere I go those kids are right behind me. Truly, I’m exhausted. Peace….and a chance to work in my kitchen without starving kids eating things faster than I can take pictures of the food. Good grief!

3. Norma says:

Glad to hear that you are all doing well. Hope you are feeling better. Worry about parents is tough…they think they are still adults. LOL Hope the farm is doing well. Keep in touch. Hugs!!

The farm is just too hot….other than that it’s going great. The farm keeps me distracted while I worry, I would be lost without it. Thanks so much Norma :)

4. Jo says:

I’m a nurse and know from experience what wimps men are when they are hurting. There is a reason women bear children! I’m glad to hear that both your parents are doing well.

5. Teresa W. says:

My boss always says if men had the children, the earth would never have a population problem because they would only have one! I am so glad that both parents are doing better. What your dad needs the most is to see your mom’s face. That will do wonders for him. I am sure that you would love to see both of them.
    A farm is the perfect place to use up some nervous energy and spend some time telling your worries to God. He will listen and he doesn’t even care if you are ankle deep in chicken poop! Looking forward to the next update.

6. Natacha says:

I’m really glad to hear they’re doing better!