I am typing this post pecking at the keyboard like a chicken….why? Because I hurt myself really badly…..because I’m a moron.  There is just no other way to dress it up.  I was working with a knife while not feeling well and being frankly a bit distracted (massive headache) and I cut my nail and a good part of my nail bed off of my finger. OUCH!!!!!

I made a mess and really hurt myself.  I cannot believe I did something so stupid, but the truth is the truth.  Typing hurts quite a bit but I will be back to my happy place (this blog) very shortly.  My boo boo hurts and I’m whining about it.  Please forgive me.

The upside….I have been working on my Holiday collection of recipes and projects for this year and I am sooooo excited!!!!!!  We are going to have a ball!

Please consider this a brief pause so I can beat myself up for another day or two then off we go getting ready for the holidays.  I LOVE this time of year!

OUCH!!!!

OUCH!!!!

As a much happier side note….I received this gift today from my Aunt Yolanda….she saw it and just knew I would love it.  She was sooooo right!  I adore this pedestal!!!  Thank you ever so much Aunt Yolanda!!!!

My new treasure

My new treasure

17 Responses to Because I’m stupid that’s why…..

Oh no!! I am so sorry!! Don’t beat yourself up too bad. We have all done things we were not proud of. Thank goodness it wasn’t any worse.

2. Susan Johnston says:

I love it when other people act like me! I’m not allowed to use any sharp objects unless Hubby is near enough to take me to the ER! And my little chain saw is always off limits!
    On a much lighter note, LOVE the new pedestal! Too bad we can’t see it with a delicious cake resting there! (Hint, hint!)

3. norma says:

So sorry! I know that hurts. Were they able to repair? Please tell me that you and family are up to date on tetnaus? That is a must around a farm. Please be careful.! Hugs!

I have never had a tetanus shot actually…. I better get on that!! SO far the wound is healing well andI’ll be just fine. Lucky :) Hugs right back to you!

4. Karen in OH says:

Oh, dear! Mend quickly . . . and hopefully without too much pain in such a sensitive area as the finger end (this I know from my own slice ‘n dice experiences). And your pedestal gift — simply out of this world! What a treasure.

5. Great info. Lucky me I found your site by chance (stumbleupon).
    I have book-marked it for later!

6. Ann says:

Love the pedestal!! Very unique! I hope your finger gets better soon!!

Hey we need you to take care of your self!!! How else will we learn all the good stuff you make and all the funny stories you tell about your life on the farm!

8. Debra says:

I hope it heals quickly and that pedestal is amazing!

9. Natacha says:

Sorry to hear. Well, we all sometimes hurt ourselves when being distracted.
    Hope it’ll heal very quickly.