I cannot thank you all enough for all the kindness sent my way.  It has meant the world to me. I don’t yet have the strength to respond to all the lovely comments and prayers  sent to me.  I had a set back a couple of days ago.  I have a “pic line” installed in my arm through which I receive IV antibiotics twice daily from a nurse who comes to my home. I developed a blood clot in that line and had some complications because of it.

I am NOT having any fun.  However, I am happy.  If I had been only a couple of days later in getting help I might not have survived.  So from that perspective I have no complaints.  My energy level is very low and I have quite a bit of dizziness….and pain.  I must be on the mend because all I can think about is getting back to work. For a few days there I couldn’t see past my pain so that my friends is progress!!!

I can also share with you that while I am mildly ashamed to admit it I do watch Grey’s Anatomy.  While spending so much time in the hospital I thought I would watch to see if there was any of that sort of “behavior” going on to help pass the time.  When I saw nothing of interest  asked about it.  Long story short the nurses all gathered in my room to share with me the tales of wild times in closets and wild times from long ago.  The stories were full of “bad behavior” and fun to listen to while I was trapped like a monkey in a cage.

Then I started watching carefully the doctors as they came and went….they were all about 100 years old so it was easy to see why the wild times had ended (giggle).  Please excuse the silly nature of my thoughts….I have been so bored and trapped in a hospital bed not getting enough sleep. The minute they see you sleeping they wake you right up to take your blood pressure or hang another bag of antibiotics…..or empty the garbage at 3am.

I’m at home now getting my IV meds in my own bed.  That’s much better but I am still not sleeping.  My patience for all of this is just about over.  I fear I may forget how to cook!!!!  I need to feel some dough and soon!!!!!  I have decided to use my sheer will to get over all of this in the next few days….I never fail when I put my mind to something so….. I will see you back in my kitchen shortly. Because I said so….ok, if I don’t make it I might go mad.  I have done all the crying I plan to do.

I warn you…when I get back I will hit my kitchen HARD.  I have a long list and can’t wait to get to it.   Have a great weekend!

Tamatha

17 Responses to Update….hope to be back shortly

So good to hear from you. I was getting very concerned. My hubby even asked several times if you had posted anything. How are your little ones handling this?

You take good care and DO NOT rush yourself to get your hands in the dough. Thanks for the update!!!!

Blessings!!!!

2. Norma says:

Oh, I am so sorry. I am glad you feel strong enough to write. Who is taking care of the lock?

When you are the head caretaker, that can be a problem…..when the animals run the zoo. Lol.

Get better as quick as you can……we will wait right here.

Hugs xoxo

3. Jann says:

Don’t rush! We don’t want you to have a relapse. We’ll be here when you are back on your feet…

4. Beata says:

I’ve been thinking of you the past several days hoping you were getting better. Take it slow and make sure you are completely healed before getting back to full speed. Love and hugs to you all!

5. Alice says:

I am fairly new to your blog and have never even seen a picture of you, but I have been so worried about you. I’ve been praying that you were ok. So nice to hear from you! :)

6. Dianne Morrison says:

You’ve been on my mind a LOT! I’ve been sending prayer – so glad you’re home and on the mend. Please take it as slowly as you need to get solidly back on your feet. Blessings to you and your family!

7. Kathy says:

The important thing is that you get yourself healthy, rested, and strong. The priority is to take care of yourself, my friend.
    Kathy

8. Karen in OH says:

Ahh, I can see you’re going to need more “granny speak.” You will NOT rush back into your kitchen and have a relapse, young lady. You will pace yourself and go about this in a sane fashion no matter how hard it is for you. NO overdoing it! Everyone needs you well! Now take it slow and easy.

9. Phyllis says:

I’m not sure how to write this email. I have been missing your posts because I’ve been living vicariously through you and your beautiful yeast doughs. Two months ago I became grain-free and regret never making your luscious doughs before then. Aside from that, I can’t get over that we are not seeing the development of Penelope and the rest of the Barnyard! No worries. There is somewhat of a disconnect because of the instant and immediate nature of the internet versus real carbon-based life! Your recuperation will take as long as it takes and all of your friends are wishing you well. Rest and recover. We will be here whenever you are ready!

10. Mary Anne Komar says:

Oh please get better soon, and listen to what your body is telling you, tired then rest, hungry please eat, don’t forget to drink lots of fluids and know you are special to so many people, God bless you sweet lady!

So glad to hear you are on the mend. I’ve been thinking of you daily wondering how you were doing. I miss your posts but I want you healthy and strong more.

good to see you back just for an updeat But you must know your loved and we want to see you all better and that means lots of rest!you still have a long way to go your not out of the woods yet!I have been keeping up with your mother.we in new york love you.try to get lots of rest till the doctors tell you can get back to you life. Joli

13. LUNA says:

JUST GET WELL AND SOON
    SURE MISS ALL YOUR INTERESTING
    RECIPES AND STORIES
    BUT YOU ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT
    PLEASE TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF MY
    DEAR ….WILL HEAR FROM YOU WHEN
    YOU ARE BACK TO NORMAL
    PLEASE PACE YOURSELF TOO….IMPORTANT….

LOVE YOU
    LUNA

14. Rosalyn says:

Tamatha I have been very absent from the blogging world and am so sorry to hear how ill you have been! I’m glad you are at home and that your recovery is rapid and comfortable. You’ll be out busily gardening and chasing goats in no time! Lots of love and prayers from PEI. xoxoxo

I’m glad your stubbornness is willing your body to mend, but take it slowly…we’ll still be here, XOXO

16. Sara says:

So sorry to read what you are going through and glad that you are recuperating. I pray that you continue to get better every day :)