It’s way to hectic to sit and type out all the recipes at the moment but I will make sure they all get posted.  The house smells so good!  I have pastry boxes getting filled with homemade goodness.  I took a few quick photos to share…..

Walnut Caramel Butter Cookies

Fudge Brownie Butter Cookies

Homemade Chocolate Pecan Butter Crunch

Shortbread willed with Dulce de Leche

Chocolate Truffles and Peanut Butter Truffles

All snug in their beds…..

Happy Holidays!

15 Responses to So much to do….have a peak at some of the goodies coming out of my ovens…..

WOWZA!!!! Those are gorgeous, tasty looking goodies. Lucky folks!!! Did you do all that today????

I took a recipe today and changed the brown sugar to sucanat and the white flour to hard white wheat. It turned out good too. They were cranberry white chocolate cookies. I left some without the cranberries and all the white chocolate so my great grandbaby could have a healthy cookie tomorrow when I keep her. I also dipped the tops of some in dried coconut.

Thank you, I will tell you a secret….I’m tired. I volunteered all day today with my kids and I am simply pooped. I baked 4 cakes last night as well as all those cookies. The cakes were gifts for the teachers. I made Brown sugar and pear pound cakes then soaked them with pear liquor. A twist on the usual rum cake. As soon as I am fully awake I will post the recipe…it’s scrumptious!!

Merry Christmas Charlotte :)

• Charlotte Moore says:

Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours too.

Just wanted to let you know I baked your Italian Bakery Butter Cookies today. However, my sure did not stand up in peaks like yours,but they were pretty swirled and a bit flat. I did not put the chocolate chips since I did not have any small ones. I did melt chocolate and and put 2 together like a sandwich cookie. I also put chocolate on the tops of one end and sprinkled with pecans. My hubby said he could not stay out of them. I think he has eaten way too many. (-:

I WAS WORRIED WHEN I NOTICED THE RECIPE DID NOT HAVE AN EGG. I reckon it still tasted alright.

I wonder why your cookies did not stay up. I have never had that problem. In fact the dough is so stiff it’s hard to pipe. However, I love the melted chocolate over the top idea. I’m so glad hubby enjoyed them even though they misbehaved for you.

This egg does not get an egg. It’s more of a shortbread type dough. It should bake up crumbly and buttery. These are huge favorites here.

I wish you a very merry Christmas full of joy.

Hmmmm….I wonder why they went flat on you. Was the dough nice and stiff? Was is hard to pipe? The dough is always a little hard to pipe. It’s worth the effort though. No egg because these are more in line with a shortbread style dough. I’ve never had them fall. I’m so curious why that happened. I’m sorry they did not behave for you…but I’m glad hubby enjoyed them anyway :). The sandwich cookie idea sounds simply scrumptious!!!!! Oh no, now I want one!

• Charlotte Moore says:

The dough was stiff. I think I may have not gotten them piped as high as you did. I just looked back on your pictures and I feel sure mine were much smaller. He has enjoyed the plain ones with boiled custard too. They seem to be the kind of texture you are talking about. Flat or not he loves them.

Ahh….the cookies must be piped nice and high. They pretty much stay as you pipe them (almost). Isn’t that texture yummy? I’m thrilled you Hubby like them. Besides you came up with a a great variation!!!! Some of the best things come from cooking mishaps (at least here at my house) :)

love them all!yum yum yum thy look so so good.

3. Valerie says:

You are amazing! I don’t know how you do it! Super woman!

You’ve been a busy, busy, elf! Such wonderful baked goods and with all you have going on, you’re remarkable! Happy Holidays, XOXO

5. Jo says:

YES!!!…you have been busy,and boy-O-boy does this all look good!
    I’ll take a couple boxes,teehehehe.

Merry Christmas