I by now have made it clear that I simply adore the Fall and Winter holidays.  I collect great ideas wherever I can find them.  I am hanging my head in shame to admit this but….I have purchased every single magazine currently in print on the subject.  I hoard these magazines like gold bullion.  I have stalked the internet in search of new ideas.

I strive to expand how I decorate for these holidays (and that’s saying something because I take my holiday decor pretty seriously).   I am and I admit it….determined to create a holiday wonderland for my family.  We don’t get a “real” Fall here.  We don’t see the leaves change…so I feel compelled to create it.  Hay bales….painted leaves….scarecrows….pumpkins…gourds….mulled cider…even scented candles to bring that sense of a cozy Fall night into my home.  I am always open to learning new and creative ways to reach my goal of  a Fall “Disney world”.  Don’t even get me started on Christmas!!! So with that in mind, these are some cool thing I found on various websites, Pinterest, and magazines.  If you have any great ideas to share I would be thrilled beyond words if you shared them with me.

Hubby will be bringing my Fall holiday boxes down from the attic for me this coming weekend…I am so excited!!!  I will share a full tour with you when my decorations are complete.  I would again be completely thrilled if you shared your decor with me here….

These pictures made me smile and got my creative juices flowing….I hope you will enjoy them too!

Fun no?  I am having a ball and I’m only just getting started!

21 Responses to Some of my favorite Halloween ideas from all sorts of places (magazines…internet…)

1. Jen says:

It is such a fun and festive time of year!!! I love it! You have collected some great ideas here!!!

I love it too!!! It’s cozy and smells good this time of year. It’s like the super-bowl of homekeeping! I hope you enjoy the pictures…I have such fun with that stuff.

looks like its so much fun!having done this in so long think I’ll give it a try this year.

If you decorate your home it feels like your home hugs you when you come back form wherever you’ve been. It takes me weeks to get all my decorations done. I have already started y candles…I love them!

so how is Coco today? give her a kiss from me.

I have to say, although my furnace went on last night, I really do love this time too. We have sunny, cool days and my hydrangeas are turning a lovely sagey blue. I’m slowly bringing out the fall decorations and when I return home after a business trip, I’ll have everything ready to stage–although still perplexed with my front door. Love your idea collection, XOXO

Will you take some pictures and share when you get your decorations up? I call it staging too…I take over the dining room for a week to organize myself. Have the leaves started turning yet? Your description sounds so nice….I miss the north. Have a safe trip by the way.

5. Jo says:

I’m always amazed at all the creativity…wow…I love these!
    How’s coco?

Isn’t it great fun? I love to look at these pictures…you should see all the magazines I have! Coco is still with us but looks poorly. That fact that she is still on her feet has given us hope. I keep her close to me so I an watch her…the poor thing! :(

6. Mich says:

Lol yes you definatley like Halloween!
    I always carve a pumpkin and light it from the inside for night time though its bonkers really!
    I live on a farm with a mile long drive which is gated & locked at night, also out of the village so never ever get trick of treaters but still I carve a pumpkin! Lol.
    If the winds dont take all the leaves we are in for a awesome display of autumn colour here.

Your property sounds like heaven on earth. A nice long driveway….neighbors off in the distance….perhaps a cow or two out int he pasture….all framed by those gorgeous Fall leaves. Sigh. Heaven! You are so very blessed. :)

• Mich says:

Yes I am very lucky to live here, its a beautiful part of the world. Far enough away from the maddening crowds but not so isolated we end up living like hermits! Lol.

I am so glad you love what you have. So often we don’t see what we have. I know I wish I had what you have, but I still love what we have.
          I miss the change of seasons terribly though. If you think of it, would you take a picture or two and share them? I so miss it. The smell of Fall is intoxicating!!! :)

7. JoAnn says:

Nice round up – all of these look so fun!
    JoAnn

Thank you, some readers have shared a few plants I don’t yet have but now I must! I am looking so forward to seeing this whole thing come together. I think it will be great fun :)

8. Tilly's Nest says:

Now you have inspired me! Must do some of these this weekend. I just love the bats flying across the door. I’d be honored if you link this up to my blog hop.

9. Debra says:

These are all good ideas. 😀 Have fun. How is little Coco doing?

I love decorating this time of year. Its great fun! Coco is healing well but is refusing to become part of the flock again. She stays away and hides from them all day. I can’t figure out why. She would rather be all alone. I’m sad for her.

10. Jessica says:

If not for your writing this topic could be very coetoluvnd and oblique.